Liberals: What do you really think about those conservatives?

As one liberal to another, just between you and me what do you think of conservatives? Republicans? Independents? Can they even do one thing right? (no pun intended) Do you think you could ever be friends with someone on that side?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Are you kidding... you think that people on opposite sides of politics can't be friends? Now I'm talking about us "people" not the government... I sure like to hope that you and I can have different views but still be friends... I'd hate to think how shallow a person would have to be to deny friendships based solely on political affiliation. Wow.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think conservatives are people who can and do make mistakes but generally have their hearts in the right place.

I think Republicans are people who can and do make mistakes but generally have their hearts in the right place.

I think independents are people who can and do make mistakes but generally have their hearts in the right place.

I think liberals are people who can and do make mistakes but generally have their hearts int eh right place.

The "right place" is in wanting the best for the USA. Everyone has a different definition of what that "best" is...and that is their right.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Wow...and THAT attitude is why NOTHING is getting accomplished in Washington. I mean...why would you want to compromise. I guess you figure only "your side" is Right and only "your side" gets a say...how totalitarian of you :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have friends from 'the dark side' lol..I just do not delve too deeply into politics with them.I also pray for them DAILY..lol ..seriously I do
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• As an "old-school" conservative (as opposed to neo-conservative, which is the ideology most common in today's so-called "conservative" movement), I find this question interesting. I posted a question last night from a very conservative point of view, but because I dared to criticize what I see as the gross mismanagement of the military, I was attacked by none other than the people who claim to be conservative. I was shocked at how many responses I got *assumed* that I was a liberal who wanted the our military de-funded. The only ones who even seemed to "get" my point were liberals!

I relate to both sides, and I can be friends with both sides--at least if they can refrain from trying to define me long enough to get to know me first.
    lori9878

Answer by lori9878 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Divided we fail,......
    And thats from one Liberal to another.
    We may not agree on everything,
    but when the shit hits the fan- we are all human beings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• bow down Kudos Anon 12:11.

BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think conservatives and republicans who are that way on social issues reasons tend to be on the irrational and emotional side, and debating anything with them is pretty much pointless.

I think fiscal conservatives are generally more reasonable, willing to look at actual evidence, and easier to compromise with.

Independents? I guess that would be on a case by case basis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Most of my friends in RL are libs...not sure how that happened. LOL
    We just don't talk politics nor religion.
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 7:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009