5 month old sleeping routine digressing

I know there have been a lot of questions on this but i am in need of some personal answers. My daughter is 5 1/2 months old and at 2 months she was starting to have a few nights she would sleep through the night, if not through the night then she would only wake up once around 4 am. At 2 1/2 -3 months she started teething (still is, her top middle and her bottom canines-they still haven't come in!!!) and her sleeping patterns have gotten worse since then. I have to sleep with the TV on or i can't sleep and it is seeming to make it hard for her. I was thinking of moving her to her crib in the other room (she currently sleeps in a bassinet next to my bed which she has slept in since day one and done fine in until now) hopeing that the darkness would help her not stir so much and not wake me every 2 seconds with her movement in her sleep. Any ideas or experience will help. She hates sleeping flat on her back and is BF.

zoozleroo

Asked by zoozleroo at 11:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 13 months and we have always co-slept...I BF also and it's so much easier on both of us...At 5 1/2 months, that's still very young to expect through the night...also, remember that "through the nite" for a baby is 5 hours...not 8 or 10 like we would hope :)...I wouldn't force a baby to sleep through the night by letting him cry or anything. He still needs to eat and it's very normal for them to wake up...my daughter slept the longest when she was only a couple months old....if you need to sleep with the TV on, do you maybe have an iPod or radio you could turn on for background music?? I have an iPod docked in our room with all of Callie's lullabies on it and it helps a lot for me too :)She may be getting too big for the bassinet... it's possible to try co-sleeping if you think it can be done safely. and also, my daughter has never liked sleeping on her back. She's always been a side sleeper and now tummy :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009