Colic Question

My daughter is 17 wks old and will not go to bed at night. She is happy during the day and screams at bed time. As soon as I lay her down she screams like she is in pain. No matter what I do to try and comfort her nothing works. I honestly think this has been going on for over a month and hubby seems to think otherwise. Last night she was up til one am, and now my hubby is out driving her around to calm her down. Can colic only bother them at night, and not during the day? She doesn't sleep much during the day, I would say she doesn't even get a whole 2 hour nap thruout the entire day, but once she is asleep at night she will sleep 10 plus. Could she be colic?

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm, well "colic" is just a term for a baby with no medical problems, but is REALLY fussy and inconsolable most of the time. She might have separation anxiety- thinks you're going to leave her and never come back. If it continues I'd take her to the doctor.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2009