Itchy to the max.

I am 16 weeks preg. and am unbearably itchy. My entire body feels like it is crawling. Last night I was up until 4:30 am tossing and turning and itching.

Is it possible to develop skin sensitivities during pregnancy?
Any detergetns/lotions/soaps/anti-hystemine meds. recommended would be helpful. Thank you!!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lavender is very good for itchy any thing. A lotion with real lavender extract, not just fragrance, is great. you can even get a bottle of lavender oil and rub it directly on you. You can make a lavender body mist by putting water in a spray bottle then adding 20 drops of lavender and a little baking soda. Shake it up furiously and then spray all over yourself.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• YES!!!! I totally did, never had an allergy my whole life and suddenly i was having allergies to different things, changing all the time. Never really an issue, just annoying. My doc said its cause your immune system changes when gestating.
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 11:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• YES!! Try benadryl...its the only thing that would help me. And it had to be the liquid...the pills didn't work as well.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Is benadryl approved for the entire pregnancy?
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Most doctors are perfectly fine with moms taking benadryl through the whole pregnancy, but if your worried call and asked them how much and how often to take it.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2009