My baby is almost nine months and will only drink milk with cereal but will not take any other solids, any ideas how to help me.

When my son was first introduced to solids at three months, he was okay with it and all the way up to like six 1/2 months but he got a little sick with teething issues and a common cold and only wanted to drink milk with cereal added from the bottle. Now he refuses to eat any solids and he was doing really well, I was already intoducing to him stage three. Any ideas or anyone else dealing with or have dealt with this issue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At that age, my daughter wanted nothing to do with jarred foods...just try mashing up what you're eating, (within reason), bland foods. try some mashed avocado or banana...sometimes, they just don't want the pureed stuff...My daughter never did, but never had a problem taking table foods.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Put frozen food in a Munchkin (a mesh thing used to help with teething that doesn't allow large chunks to pass into childs mouth).
    Once my son got used to flavors coupled with a soothing sensation of frozen foods he started to eat food a lot more.

I started giving my son table foods pretty young- he didn't care for jarred/pureed foods past about 6 months. As long as you introduce slowly and watch him carefully you should be alright.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I never could get my babies to eat jar baby food. I can't blame them. Have you tasted that stuff. I'v always made my own. Steam for a few minutes them puree with a Bruan hand mixer. Gobble, gobble, gone.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 11:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009