What is your honest opinion of non-denominational Christians?

Non denominational just means they don't follow one specific Christian denomination, they are just Christians and completely believe everything written in the Bible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I call myself non denominational but I don't completely believe everything written in the Bible. Sorry if this offends some, just my way of seeing things in life.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• from my own experience non-denominational Christians tend to be a little more dedicated, but open to other ideas at the same time. the seem less threatened by non-Christians & have a more "live, let live" philosophy. also, ive found that non-denom's have thought out their own faith more than those in denoms. but like i said, thats only from my own experience.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Non-denominational can mean so many things, it is so wide spread. I consider myself a non-denom and have come across many who also consider themselves non denom that are wacky.   You got zeolots in every denomination even those who don't claim one.    It is kind of hard to generalize this cause there is such a vast majority.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• With a non denominational church you never know what you are going to get. You have to investigate. I remember calling a non denominational church and asking the receptionist if they believed in certain things; some of the beliefs she didn't even know if the church believed in or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My honest opinion. THEY ARE AWESOME! I wish I had been raised non denominational of late. Cause all you do is believe in the bible and have nothing else extra! God bless the non denom churches for I believe they just might have the RIGHT idea!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't get how they are any different from any other Christian... In my view a Christian is a Christian is a Christian... No matter the specific religion, it is at it's core all the same religion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• How do people call themselves Christians.. yet cant believe everything written in God's word. You obviously dont trust God. this is how I feel.

Its not a religion,

Its not a Name

Its a relationship with Jesus Christ

Its Being a servant for the Lord
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Some non-denominational churches are kind of like the Baptist denomination, and some are more like Penecostal. They really aren't non denom when you really get down to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Basically, Non Denom just means we are not catholic we dont believe in masses, we are not baptist, nor Lutheran, or Mormons.... While they do believe in some of the same things as other religions or branches, I think its nice having the Non Denom option for those that do not really want or feel the need to have a specific title of any type of church. If one can convience me that GOD himself stated we had to be Baptist or Catholic then I'll reconsider the Non Denoms. But like any church whether they be a branch or not, some are bad some are good, some need some tuning.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Amen UAFwife I am a non-denominational christian and I completely believe in the bible... every word of it even the words saying that there are no idle words in the bible... Christianity is a relationship not a religion
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009