vaccine

ok i have a Q. I BEEN HEARING ARE READING HERE, THAT SOME MOM'S DO NOT VACCINATE/VACCINE AND THEN I WAS READING HERE THAT A DOC SAY VACCINE IS MORE HARMFUL THAN THE SWIN FLU,OK IF THATS THE CASE WHAY THEY MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT?? AND WHAT ABOUT WHEN THEY START SCHOOL AND THEY HAVE NO SHOT'S THEY ARE BIG ON THAT AT THA SCHOOL'S ARE REALLY INTO NOT LETTING A CHILD IN SCHOOL WITH OUT SHOT'S. THINGS ARE CHANGING WAYYY TO MUCH 4 ME THESE DYZ WHEN MY KIDS WHERE GROWNING UP I NEVER MISSED A SHOT, BECAUSE I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT WAS SO VERY IMPORTANT,NOW I HAVE MY GRANDKIDS,, THEY ARE ALL UP TO DATE, BUT TELL ME AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??AND 1 LAST THING WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE RECALL ON THE TYLENOL!!!!

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 11:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You can get a vaccination exempt form and fill it out - public schools will accept your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't know what to say, my kids get all their shots! I won't, however, be getting them this swine flu vaccine. I think it's too risky. I didn't know anything about Tylonel being recalled, now I'm curious!!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• you will only get biased opinions on this question here. My advice to you is to research vaccines, what they are for, side effects, and ingredients.
    It is a controversial subject with some parents not vaccinating because of the possible side effects...mainly includding autism. Others dont trust what is in the vaccines. For example, up until recently there was mercury in some vaccines.
    Others feel that the vaccinations are responsible for eliminating certain illnesses that were deadly before vaccines and that by not vaccinating, we are exposing our children to unneccesary illness.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I had my kids vaccinated. (By their pediatrician. I did not vaccinate. The doctor did. Good lord...)
    ANyway, I received all the shots in the 1940's. My kids did in the 1960's and 1970's. My grandkids have all had every vaccination available. NONE of us have any signs of AUTISM. I truly believe it is a genetic disease. I don't know where this scare tactic about vaccinations causing autism originated. I would discuss this and any other issues with your Doctor and not listen to the "Cult of Moms who won't vax". LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Basically the theory behind vaccinating is its best for a large majority of children so they suggest it. I have heard (I have no actual experience with this) that they make it VERY hard to report issues with vaccines so that more people don't think its a bad idea. I know my son was vaccinated and I can honestly tell you that I cannot connect his vaccines with his issues (we still havent had him assessed, even thought the doctor wants us to because we don't want him labeled as autistic and written off by the school district). I feel whats best for the majority is best for my son since I don't want him to come down with the horrible diseases his father had and the fear my MIL had that she would loose him (he had measles and mumps together).
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The H1N1 flu is being completely blown out of proportion. It is the flu....no more deadly. Do ppl die form the flu? Yes....from all strains of the flu. As far as the vaccine goes and ppl being afraid because it is new.....the flu vaccine is new every year. Whether to vaccinate against the flu is choice.

There has not been mercury in vaccines in many years. The increase in children not being vaccinated at brought back many DEADLY illness we thought were irradiated in the USA. While I worked in Pediatrics I was exposed to (and prophetically treated) pertussis (whooping cough.)
    There have even been new cases of polio.

Personally I vaccinated. I have given thousands of vaccines in my years of nursing and have never seen a lasting reaction to a vaccine (the pediatrician I worked for had many, many ppl that were pts as children and now had their kids there......so long term follow ups.)
    obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 1:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I do belive in vaccinating my kids. I know there are moms out there who do not, that is their choice. As for the swine flu, I have not made a decision on that one yet... so for the time being I am not scheduling that one for my kids.
    As for vaccines and schools- at my kids school on the bottom of the vaccine record there is an exempt spot-- where parents can sign off on that.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The pharmaceutical companies & the doctors make money from vaccines.
    It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax. I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information & have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic & the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, & a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009