Acronym Overload

I keep seeing all of these acronyms all over the boards and some I can figure out but not all. Is there any place I can get a list of the harder ones... like EH and ERF are nothing I can figure out. Mostly these are in people's signatures but a few times I've seen them in posts as well. I know we are all busy moms on here but if you can't provide a "decoder ring", could you please just take the extra two seconds and type it all out ~ I promise to forgive typos... please.

Can anyone lend a hand with some of the ones on this site? I know the whole DH, DS, DD and what is used for in-laws but after that, I'm lost...

p88hbear

Asked by p88hbear at 11:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hi p88hbear,

There is a list of commonly used acronyms in the CafeMom Newcomer's Club:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/boards/read.php?post_id=381417

Enjoy!

<>The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It wasn't in there or I wouldn't have posted it...
    p88hbear

Answer by p88hbear at 11:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have to agree, the ones on the newcomers club are the more common ones but some of them get really complex. I think ERF is extended rear facing (apparently safer, but I had never heard of it till I got here). Not sure on most of the rest, just try to look in context and maybe someone else will help us poor lost mommys out.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Personally, I always spell out all the words and the acronyms look like a "private In-Crowd " type of language. It seems kind of silly. I like Rear facing. Extended Rear Facing....in reference to car seats, for example. And I prefer boyfriend instead of SO...significant other. Call me old fashioned...... Husband sounds good to me....but I see DH instead. DD is "dear Daughter". Ahhhh geeee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I know! It only takes a few seconds to type the whole word... it takes me longer to figure out the acronym and how to type it! Okay, the ERF one makes sense... any idea on the EH?
    p88hbear

Answer by p88hbear at 11:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009