placenta abruption

Has anyone ever experienced this happen while having a c-section, if so what was the outcome? This happend to me and my son was in nicu for 2 weeks and i'm very concerned and i'm feeling depressed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im a little confused....if it was DURING your C-section, why would that cause your little one to be in NICU?? Is he still in NICU or are you having Post partum depression??
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I've never experienced a placental abruption but I did hemmorage after giving birth. IT was VERY VERY difficult to deal with. I almost lost my life. I still to this day can't watch the video of my daughter immediately after birth because I'm screaming in the back ground from the pain of the doctor trying to get my uterus to clamp down.

I'm not sure exactly what your question is because there is really no reason to be concerned now. It sounds like you and your son are both doing fine, physically, after a rocky start but if your concerned about your mental state I would highly suggest joining a birth trauma support group either here on cafemom or one in your community.

Can I ask you a question though...did you spontaniously go into labor or were you induced? If so what were you induced with?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• He was in there for two weeks, no he's home with me now. He was without oxygen and they don't know how long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I had a placental abruption before the birth of my first child but she was born vaginally. She was not without oxygen. I bled a lot .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Did you have an ultrasound prior to the surgery, checking for an anterior placenta?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2009