Choking on own spit?

My son is about 6 months old, growing great, big boy. Well just recently my mother had laid him on the bed on his back while we were right next to him getting ready. There was a fan on in the room that he seemed to be enjoying it blowing lightly on him. All of the sudden he did this gasping thing and he was trying to cough, well i could hear the spit gurgling in his throat as I picked him up and he still could not catch his breath. He was trying to cough and looked panicked like the mucus was too thick. He sounded like he was choking. It was so scary. I can only think maybe the fan breeze caught his breath and he drools alot alot from teething...He has done this a few times before, every so often he will seem to not be able to catch his breath. This was scarier though bc he kept trying n it just seemed like the mucus was too much. Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their baby. Should I be worried?

CurvyMommato1

Asked by CurvyMommato1 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would talk to your dr about it
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009