couple questions concerning diapers...

Simple question... Looking to have as little leakage and the most comfort for my baby when she gets here(01/10)...
Whats your favorite diaper brand?

How long did your baby last in size one diapers? Is buying a 270+ count box of diapers worth it in size one or should I buy less?

Any and all advice welcome.
Thanks

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 11:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I tried Luvs- terrible! They leaked, gave my son a rash, and had a "scent" to them. I stuck with Huggies newborn, they have a little "cutout" for the cord. I also like Pampers Swaddlers, but just stuck with Huggies. No leaks, no scent, and they seem to be more "baby-shaped". I think I went through two HUGE boxes of size 1 diapers with my son, before he grew on me, so one should be ok! Good luck!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I used pampers for the first year of my sons life and then switched to target store brand. Luvs smells like there is always poop in the diaper (sooo gross).

You will go through a ton of diapers- especially in the beginning.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Pampers Swaddlers - all the way until we got Pampers Cruisers.
    I think my son was in Swaddlers until a size 2.

My son was a preemie, so he was in preemies for the 4 months, then by 5 months, he was in 1. Then a month later he was in 2.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I used the pampers swaddlers, size newborn for the first 3 weeks, maybe a month.
    Then size 1 untill about 4 months. Now at 7 months she is still in size 2s. Both pampers baby dry. I find they soak up alot and you don't smell pee
    I would say yes it is worth it to buy a large box of size 1s.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I preferred pampers swaddlers for newborn (they have the color indicator, so if you even had a doubt it was wet, you would know!) For size one I used both huggies supreme, and pampers swaddlers, for size two, I again mixed. For size three I still mix, but I use pampers cruisers... All in all, I prefer pampers, but huggies are good too. My dd is 5 mo and moved into 3's about a month ago... you'll prob use newborn for about a month. Then size one for a month or two...
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• From experiance if u wanna buy in bulk Buy HUGGIES there Diapers run big, My Lil one is 6 weeks and I got tons of Pampers & Huggies Newborn and size one the pampers started to get snug and she was born 6lbs 10oz the huggies had soo much room , both brands dnt leak. I did buy the walmart brand they run small and I just dnt like . Huggies last longer I think in size.
    Mrs2009

Answer by Mrs2009 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009