Could he be cutting a tooth?

My son is 10 mths old and still has yet to pop a tooth. Today he was screaming and crying during his feedings and clearly in some kind of discomfort from his gums. I gave him some tylenol and he calmed down. Then I noticed he started lolling his tongue back and forth a lot over his bottom gums, very often all throughout the day. Do you think it's possible he might cut a tooth tomorrow or the next day?

sweetmoonem

Asked by sweetmoonem at 11:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could happen. This is what I notice with my daughter before a tooth pops up above the gumline. She breaks out in a rash on her chin and chest from the extra drool. She puts both hands in her mouth all the time for a few day before the tooth pops through. She is also very very crabby for about 4 days before the tooth comes up. Just keep an eye out and one just may be coming.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• what really helps when they are teething, buy him a baby toothbrush it don't look like a brush you just stick it on your finger and rub his gums with that, not to hard and they love it, I used it a lot when my baby was teething and he would just love it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sounds very possible. I use the teething tablets and they work great! My youngest son is two and is cutting jaw teeth. He keeps both hands in his mouth it seems.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009