call the Dr in the morning?

My son has had pretty bad diarreah for the past week (4-6 x/day). he does not have a fever and is in pretty good spirits, all things considered.

Do you recommend calling the dr- any similar stories with happy (poop-less) endings?

I will call the doc in the morning- just wondering if you have any advice on how to alleviate his tummy woes. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never let it go this long. Is he having at least 6 wet diapers a day? If not he is dehydrated. There are also infections thats primary symptom is diarrhea. I would call dr tonight if they have a 24 hour call line. Lots of Gatorade Bananas. BRAT diet. Bananas rice apples and .... I cant think of the next one google it i think tea...
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Think Cherish got it right on the money! My son was lactose intolerant as a baby, took a while to change his diet to prevent this! Just be sure he's drinking plenty to avoid dehydration. Sounds like he may be allergic to something since you say there aren't any other symptoms. But be sure to call the doctor, anyway. Good luck, hope everything is ok!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 3:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• B (bananas) R (rice) A (apples) T (toast)

Thats what they told me to do with my little one when she had it bad like that. Lots and lots of fluids! Gatorade or Water! :) Good luck mama

livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 8:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2009