She will not go to sleep!! Any advice?

My daughter has never had issues with sleeping when I put her down for the night. Now, she is almost ten months old, and the past few nights have been a nightmare! I put her down a few hours ago, for instance, and she went right to sleep. About an hour ago, she woke up and now I cannot get her to go back to sleep. She is not fussing at the moment, but I can hear her moving around. I tried cuddling her (usually works). I changed her diaper, which was rather wet. I gave her some homeopathic teething/sleep aid tablet. Nothing has helped so far! I cannot go to the store for anything right now, and I will not give her anything that is not natural.

Please help! My alarm will go off at 4:30, and I have to drive my husband on base for PT whether I have slept or not!

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a warm bath. Or take a bath with her. Could she be hungry? I remember my daughter doing this to me at about 10 months, when she would just wake up at random hours and stay awake and want to play. She was always a bad sleeper, though, so I was used to going without sleep :p

Chamomile tea might help too. Just don't put sugar or honey in it.

Aww.... I know how you feel! I hope you get some good sleep! Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I gave her an extra four ounces of formula earlier. It did not help. Usually, I give her a six ounce bottle before bed, slip in the pacifer when she is done, lay her down, and that is that.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If she is not crying and you have done everything you can for her I would just leave her be til she falls back to sleep. Go try and get some sleep.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Hmm... sounds like she just needs mommy a little more recently. Is cosleeping an option?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ah....she sleeps. However, now I cannot.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009