Brother Lied...Now I Look Like the Liar!

My brother is a year older. He was expelled his senior year of high school and sent to a juvenile detention center. He finished school a year later...graduating in my class. Our high school reunion is coming up and there has been a website set up to where we can all go and fill out profiles of ourselves...which my brother did...but he LIED. He lied about what he does for a living. He lied about when he moved from OH to AL. He lied about why he joined the military.

Normally I wouldn't care. However, before this website was created, we were all talking with each other through Facebook posts and since my brother isn't on Facebook, people were asking me questions about him...and I answered with the truth to what he is now telling lies about. No one has said anything, but I could just imagine what they are thinking.

How do I handle this? Brother and I aren't close, so there's no talking to him about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The ppl know and will be able to see right through your brother's lies and let it go. Let your brother make the ass at the reunion, he is the one who made is bed now he has to lie in it.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If they ask you about the differences between what you said and he said, tell them the truth. Tell them you told them to the best of your knowledge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Naah they have probably figured out that he is lying.. why would you tell lies about your brother?
    Steph786

Answer by Steph786 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I hate liars especially when its coming from the inlaws. My stupid brother-in-law also lied to my family saying i scratched his cousins car and that suppousably my hubby had gotten arrested for stealing clothes for me and none of that is even true! my hubby is a security officer and u need a clean record for that so how can some stupid people believe him! my bro-in-law told one of my relatives and she spreaded it to the rest of my family and I had to repeat myself in telling everyone it wasnt true that how can it be true if my hubby is an officer and i finally shut them up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think you should just tell them the truth which is he lies about everything but then again thats all u can expect from a lowlife imature person.. thats how my brother in law is too and not to mention my mother in law as well, they lie about everything to make themselves look good and they try to make us look bad by lying, hopefully it all comes back to them soon.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 12:48 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Stick with the truth. Obviously, your brother has his reasons for lying, and that will be clear when talking to people. He shouldn't expect you to keep up with his lies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well from what I gather from your post... its not really your place to put his "real" business out there.... who cares what he tells people... if he's thats much of a loser (no offensive) that he would have to make up those lies then let him be one...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009