How many of you have 4 or more children? Did you plan to have a big family?

(It is just my opinion that more than 3 starts to become a "big family")

Do any of you come from a big family as well?

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I only have 1 so far, but I would like 4 or 5.

I am one of 3.

My mother is one of 8.

My paternal grandmother is one of 11.

My paternal grandfather was one of 13 or 14.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have three, but would love to have two more. I am from a family of five and have always wanted a big family. I am pretty sure we will have one more. But am not sure if there will be anymore after that.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• So far we have 6. They were all very very planned...from the family profiles, to the attorneys, adption agencies, foster to adopt classes, etc. Yes, we wanted a big family. We are not done yet. My hubby was 1 of 10 kids. I am an only child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Good for you Anon :35! We used to think that adoption would be our only way to have children. Thankfully, the medications I used to take have not made me sterile, though it did take some time before I got pregnant (apparently, I only ovulate a few times a year, if that much) My husband and I have considered adopting after we have at least two more of our own. I cannot imagine that there is any greater feeling than knowing one more child will have a safe and loving home that might not have.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think 1 is more than enough for me:) with my son its like if I have 20! lol
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 12:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'm an only child (well, had a half-brother ... but he was 20 yrs older than me & didn't live with us, so that doesn't really count).

My husband is 1 of 6.

We have 4 & suffered a miscarriage in '05.

NONE of them were planned --- they were all "uh-ohs".
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We have 4 kids, and neither me or my husband came from big families....I have one sister, 12 years younger than I am, and that is it. I never specifically thought I did or didn't want a "big" family, we just did what felt right for us when the time came, not all of them were planned but it has worked out perfectly....I wouldn't change anything.
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 2:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have 4 kids! 2 singletons and a set of twins! I wasn't expecting 4 kids! I always saw myself with 2 or 3. I never imagined having twins either! Unfortunatly 5 days after having my twins my first born twin son passed away. I'm still a mother to 4 kids and I'm still a mother to twins but I'm financially and physically responsible to 3 kids and a mother to a surviving twin! I don't want anymore kids! The pain of losing a child is reason enough for me not to want to have another baby! I want to focus on my kids now and my surving twin son who just came home from the hospital 2 months ago! I think 4 is the start of a big family! No more for me though!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have 4 kids. I'm the oldest of 2 and my husband is the youngest of 3. I always wanted a big family (6 kids) but my husband didn't. We had decided on 3 kids but didn't realize they would come in the first 3 years we were married. We got married at 23, had our first child almost 6 months later and had our 3rd child just before I turned 26. I felt we were too young to just stop without considering more kids.
    So in 2005 (when our other kids were 5, 3 1/2 and 2 1/2) we decided to try for a 4th. She was the only "planned" one (sort of planned, we talked about it but hadn't decided before I round out I was already pregnant, lol). Then earlier this year I was pregnant again but miscarried at 12 weeks
    The kids are 9, 8, almost 7 and 3 1/2. I think we're done.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am currently pregnant with number 4. Only 1 of mine were planned (one i was even on birth control). Our 1yr old was the one that was planned and it took a long time to get pregnant, when her first birthday rolled around this year we had decided that we were done and i didnt want to go through the ttc again. well big surprise to us, that was the month we got pregnant with this baby, but this one is definantly the last since my hubby had a vasectomy last month. originally i wanted 6 and my hubby wasnt sure he wanted any so we though 3 was good, but now i really feel our family will be complete once our 4th arrives.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2009