Why do you think alot of internet jobs ask u for money upfront, I know 99% are scams but why are still some cafemoms in them?

I read this: and its so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAUTION: The Age-Old Scam

Old scams never die. They just move onto the Internet.

If an ad promises you can make $50,000 a week clicking on Web sites, they're lying.

If a company wants you to pay upfront for a kit, or a book, or anything else, don't do it.

There are plenty of legitimate businesses in this game, and they make their money by helping you make money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do not know. I do know that I am tired of receiving PMs on this website from other members that want me to sign up with the pyramid scam online "jobs" that they think are so swell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yeah especially when there selling candles, insurance, beef jerkys, electricity etc and want us to pay upfront! its ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You ladies should come over and check out LaptopsAndLaundry.com. We have really tried to be up front about the different work at home incomes out there and how to avoid being scammed. We're a new site trying to help people find legitimate work from home and we have lots of money saving tips too.

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am a WAHM, involved in MLM. I looked for a long time before I found the right opportunity for me to make a little something from home. It seems that most of the Co. that ask for an upfront FEE...involve a Pay plan that hinges very heavily one recruiting others to pay the same fee. I do NOT want to make my living charging my friends and family a fee to sign up to make a living by charging their friends and family a fee...and so on. There are some that are advantagous...others that are selling Kits or Motivational tools...more than the product or service they are representing. There are other options out there...keep looking...you are sure to find something that makes sense for you. If you would like info on what I do...just ask, I am happy to share...but I never want to offend! While looking into the different opportunities...remember to ask to see the info on the compensation plan...make sure you know HOW to get paid!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 1:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Maybe some of them are not real cafemoms, but recruiters to get you into their scheme? I am not saying all of the ones on here are, but there could be a lot more than we think.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree Izarejman, I mean when you read through the questions from moms asking about work at home ops, or party op ideas....there are a few that post the exact same thing over and over, like cut and paste...without any regard for addressing the Op. There are also some posts that hide behind weblinks that don't indicate the parent company at all. There are more than a handful of real people that are upfront about the company they work with, and the format they work in...MLM, Parties, whatever. There are a million oportunities on the net...I don't think they are all legit, or all scams...but it def takes time and research before you should jump into anything. There are questions that need to be asked, and honestly answered before you sign up or hand out your info just because not everyone is as up and up as they should be.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 1:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009