Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warning- this is really gross :( Weird sore down there?

So a couple of days ago I noticed a itching/burning/discomfort in my hoo haa. Anywa I think oh I'm on an antibiotic its a yeast infection, get some monistat. Well today I realize that there is one specific part of my labia that hurts worse and is sore, felt like a bruise. So I grab a mirror and the inner part is all red and swollen and there is one thing that is white and looks just like a canker sore. Only one. Any ideas? Our insurance sucks so I can't just run off to the ob and I do have a checkup coming up pretty soon, so I was just wondering if anyone has found anything like this before? I am so grossed out. Thanks. Sorry for the TMI

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Health

Answers (10)
  • I know you can't go anytime you want, but I still suggest going to the doctor. Could be just like a bit from a bug? I know it sounds strange but it can happen while you sleep. Also, it could be herpes. I would definately keep an eye on it and I'd go in right away if it spreads or more of the sores show up. Just my opinion though. But as funny as it sounds, it could still be a bite of some kind.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • could it be a ingrown hair?

    Answer by looovemybabies at 12:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • Sounds like an ingrown hair or an irritation sore. If it doens't go away, becomes several blisters or gets infected then I'd see a doctor. Otherwise wait it out for a week and use mild detergent.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • It sounds like an ingrown hair. I just had a yeast infection not long ago and had a couple pop up. Make sure you put some of the Monistat on the outside area too it will help.

    Answer by lilbit837 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • i hate to sound so blunt and harsh but it sounds like (and I know ur not going to want to hear it) herpes. does it burn when u go to the bathroom? u said it looks like a canker sore. that's what herpes looks like. i'd suggest going to ur doc while the bump is still there so they can diagnose what it is exactly. for ur sake i seriously hope i'm wrong.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • I agree with anon above me. My first thought was herpes after reading your symptoms.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 1:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • Sounds like Herpes to me too. Even if you can't go to your regular doc...get an appointment with a women's health clinic...they are usually cheap if not free...Herpes takes 21 days to show up...and lasts a lifetime. Some people never have really serious outbreaks...but outbreaks usually center around times of fatigue or stress. Good Luck...hope it works out well for you.

    Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 2:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • i had the same thing before and i went and got tested and i was clean.. the doc told me ingrown hair. but still get it checked.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • you should definitely get checked immediately. A Dr. cannot usually diagnose herpes unless they can take a culture of an existing sore. If you just let it go away, you may not have another outbreak for months or even years in some cases. Meanwhile, you could unknowingly spread it to your sexual partner. Also, most folks aren't aware that herpes1 (cold sore) can be transferred to the genitals by means of oral sex and simplex2 (genital herpes) can be transferred to the mouth via oral sex. Just wanted to throw that out there. I hope that everything works out for you sweetie! You are very brave for talking about this.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

  • Ok so even if it is just one sore it could be herpes? I thought for herpes there would be multiple....

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.