Question for Muslims

I've been investigating religion and I am a Christian who believes the God of the Bible to be the one in the same as Allah of the Quran....unlike most(all?) Christians, I believe that the teachings of Islam could in fact be from God. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not a Muslim but as far as I know it's the same God. Why would anyone think it's a different God?
    If I am correct, Muslims are "children of Abraham" too.
    rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Hi,

You can read the Quran http://www.quranexplorer.com/ and join the Muslim Moms group here at cafemom.

Feel free to send me any questions too. I converted from Christianity to Islam 1 1/2 yrs ago when I was not feeling I fit into any church.

I believe that you are right and Islam is from God, the same God of the messengers of God in the Bible.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 1:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Out of curiousity, do you find the same with Judaism?

Nice to see people who are not bashing Islam :-)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Why would you think people in the Islamic religion think it is the same God? The Muslims say people not believing in the Quran will not be saved. If it is the same God like you think, then why does the people of the Quran say non Muslims will go to hell?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I thought all three were the same god. Judaism was first, then he sent jesus to lead the church into a new age, then when they strayed again He sent the prophet Mohammad to lead them to the right path again? I could be wrong in my understanding?
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Not bashing...just asking in return...if this is the same God, why would there be such fundamental differences in his teachings and laws?
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 3:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The word for God in Arabic may be Allah, but allah of the Quran is NOT the same God. There are profound, doctrinal differences. Muslims believe Jesus was nothing more than a prophet rather than the Son of God. They completely deny His Deity. This makes their claims that Allah and allah are one and the same.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oops, to finish the last sentence in the above comment...makes their claims false.

Just "following prophets" isn't what gets you to heaven. The Bible is clear, and Jesus Christ, Himself, said, "I am the truth, the way and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The same God....different path. I was surprised when I realized that Islam had originated from the same roots and referred to the same God, but it is true. In a similar way, Christianity followed out of Judaism..... In this culture, many of us are completely in the dark about the Muslim faith. I don't know much about it either, but I think most of us would be surprised if we knew more.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Jesus Christ peace be upon him is NOT JUST a prophet, he is one of the Great Messengers , and our Massiah. we just dont' consider him to be Godly, part of God, or God.
    anon. I find it very interesting that you are criticizing exclusion in Islam , when Chritianity is the most exclusive religion. many Christian denominations condemn other denomination who dont believe the same. plus, Christians themselves dont even agree on their perception of who God is, some say He is a part of t a trinity, some say father and son, some say father son and wife, some say God in the flesh.. but even though there are many different interpretations of God, the fact remains that we all believe that He is the one who created all and has dominion over all. muslims believe in the ONE and only God, no equals, no partners, no human flesh.

to the op, my muslim sisters offered great answers.. you are correct in your understanding.. what to do? ...
    proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 7:33 AM on Sep. 28, 2009