If a woman get told not to wear something inappropriate at the school pickup, can that explain why she is dressing so wild ever since?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Anon :43 - I completely agree. There is a way to dress respectfully and STILL look sexy. Yes, you can be completely covered up from head to toe and still look good.
    When your children get older, do you think they want their mom dropping them off while she's dressed like a tramp? No.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I guess so... you didn't elaborate any so all I can do is assume that if someone was stupid enough to try and tell a grown woman how to not dress - they pissed her off and she's wearing it just to irritate them now.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with the pp. I think it also depends on who told her, how they told her, and, to be honest, what she was wearing (as far as how inappropriate it really was...)

For example, if she was coming in dressed like she was ready to go hooking, and she was volunteering in the school that way, I can see her being told, in a respectful, nice, and discrete way that the adults - staff and volunteers alike - are asked to follow the school dress code that the students have to follow. If she then reacts by going way overboard, then she's being petty.

But if it was some other mom who just didn't like that she looked sexy, then they need to get over it, and she's just proving a point.

If it was one of her kids - lol - again - it's really going to depend...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• She had hot pants and I mean the buttocks was sticking out. I saw but was waiting in my car. But other women were making faces and reported her. Hence that Is why I wait in my car..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Umm... I had no idea a school had the right to dictate how a person dressed while picking up their child (at least thats what school pickup is here). If the school tried to tell me what I could/couldn't wear, I would probably go off the deep end just to annoy them.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Answered at 2:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 by: auroura

Well in all honesty would you want your child seeing someone else's vagina hanging out of their shorts? I mean there's a matter of taste when it comes to being around children. I know from what I have seen they have asked a few mom's at my daughter's stop to try and wear different pants. The one lady looked like she had on panties.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yeah if she's being a completely child about it. Just doing it to cause more attention to herself and being immature. Some people never grow up.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Hmm....a vagina hanging out of shorts...that is quite an image! But seriously, she is probably really annoyed about anyone saying anything to her about how she dressed in the first place. It is always risky to tell someone how to dress....and in this case, since she is picking up her own children it is hard to imagine that anyone has jurisdiction over that and she is trying to make that point. I guess if she thought those clothes were appropriate in the first place, her judgement is probably questionable and at the very least she doesn't care about pleasing others or fitting in!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I guess I find it interesting that the school can tell her how to dress. I mean yes I know there is a dress code for students, although they can not dictate what the teachers wear. The teachers have a contract and they as long as they are in the guide lines of that contract the school can not say anything.

I guess I understand what this mother is trying to do, although she may be going about it the wrong way. For me we always talk to our child about their day and if we saw someone like this we would talk about. I mean if she is wearing panties, we would talk about how that might not be appropriate and we would turn it into a learning experience for our kids.

Lastly, I think approach is everything, so maybe it was how the school approached her, if she was singled out instead of sending a notice to everyone then that might have caused this as well.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• At another school where my child attended, a young teen mom showed up with an orange tube top no bra, blue jean mini with no panties and wet hair and baby oil all over her body with stilletto heels. The principal went right up to her and asked her are you for real? Don't ever wear this outfit to school again!It was so funny. She would walk in the middle of the dead end street to the school like that with the stroller. It was a sight alright.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009