Isn't this enough for him? What do I do or say now?

Okay so I really dislike my in laws. They have no respect for me and they are racist. I showed them nothing but respect. I remembered when I was 7 months pregnant and we were staying at they're house they made us stay in (during winter even snowing out) in a old RV with a leaky roof and it was FREEZING! next to they're house while they have a 3 bedroom house and the dogs got to sleep inside! They had 2 extra rooms with beds! Anyways they tried to act like they have more right to parent my son more than me (BIG fight I finally stood up to them!). They also think it is okay to smoke in front of babies and children. So I would not bring my son around them at all for over a year now. Well my husband wants to take our son over there I told him no because he won't stand up to them and he will let them smoke in front of my son. So I came up with a solution they can meet us in a park with me there. He doesn't want to do that!CONT.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 1:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• CONT. It is true I do not trust my in laws. My husband admitted to me that he doesn't trust his father alone with our child before! His dad pops Vicodin. I don't trust his mother since she treats my DH like he is the black sheep and his brother is the golden child! (my dh is the younger one!) she also took one of his brother's daughters when she was younger and while my BIL AND FIL WERE FIST FIGHTING SHE TRIED TO PUT THE BABY IN THE MIDDLE SO THEY WOULD HIT HER!!!!! So my FIL would go to jail!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I just can't believe it is not enough for him! I made a compromise!!!! They act like I am the one at fault! His SIL calls me a liar like I made that whole fight up! When yet she has disrespected them ever since she married into the family! I was raised to show people respect and I am a quiet person SHY too! The one time I stand up to them they all jump on me like I am trash!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well, now that is Jerry Springer worthy - sorry. You stand your ground. You're looking out for the children and that's never wrong. You're offering to meet them in the middle - don't cave. You've offered a good proposal.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Gl sweetie.I remember you with the landlord question awhile back. You baby is beautiful and so are you. DOn't let them bother you. You are one strong momma.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ughh! Flippin In-laws. Continue to stand up for your kids and yourself because if you don't no one will, My husband is the same way he will not stand up to his family but it's ok because I can do it for myself. I don't need him in the middle and besides you'll end up looking like the bad person because you'll be putting him in the middle if he sees that his family is putting him in that situation he can't put it on you! Continue to be the strong woman that you are! So what if they don't like you? one less person on your christmas list! One less birthday card! Screw them! Be the bitch they know they can't screw with! Also talk to your husband and find out his side let him come up with ideas so you can compromise, giving him control while u still having control of the situation!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• They sound dysfunctional and more than a little crazy to me. Putting a baby in the middle? Really? You want someone with that kind of mixed up judgment caring for your babies? I wouldn't risk my babies either! Stick to your guns. Obviously your DH isn't going to stand up to them, so it's completely up to you.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2009