can a cyste cause a false positive?

Ok so my friend said she thought she was prego cuz she took a test and it was positive but when she got a ultrasound it was just a cyst can this really happen?

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 2:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ummm I don't think so but she could have had a chemical pregnancy hormone where the HGC (or whatever the pregnancy hormone is called) is higher than normal for her and cause her to test positive, that happened to me and it was so embarrasing once I finally got my period and I thought I was having a miscarriage and went to the hospital and told me that I was never pregnant and that it was chemical. I felt sooooooo stupid!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• hmmm...I know that every pregnancy has a cyst to start out with. It holds the pregnancy in place until the placenta takes over completely...but I dunno about it causing a false positive...
    kolbiesmommy

Answer by kolbiesmommy at 12:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009