Heartburn!!!!!

I have had killer heartburn for a while, but the last few days have been hell. Nothing seems to help besides maalox. And it only helps if I don't drink or eat anything after I drink it. So my question is... Is it ok to drink the maalox everyday, a few times a day? And is there anything else I can do to relieve my burning? I am almost 40 weeks pregnant, so nothing crazy. Please help me!!!

Payan04

Asked by Payan04 at 2:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maalox, if taken as directed on the box or by a doc, is safe during pregnancy. I know milk or cold water helps when I've had heartburn. Hopefully it will stop soon, since you're at the point baby will be here any day. I hope you can find some relief.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 3:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You might want to try eating small meals throughout the day, and avoid spicy, sweet, and salty foods as much as you can. I know it's difficult to avoid these, but it might help you feel better. Also, don't lie down right after eating. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i suffer bad with this and im only 17 weeks lol i lie on my left side with my head propped up it helps me alot appart from that i drink loads of milk almost 4 pints a day some days lol good luck xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• aloe vera juice and chamomile tea are both good.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2009