What do you charge for babysitting?

I babysit in my home and some people tell me I charge too little. I charge $20 a day..........what do you think???

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I PAID $45 a day, per child. It's been a little over a year and a half. My DD was already fully potty trained. I paid whether she was there or not....It is important for clients to remember they are paying for a SPACE, not for you watching their child. I had a pretty casual arrangement, and the young woman is a close family friend that sat for me. I no longer have her watch my Kiddos...but on the rare occasion I do ask her to sit for the kids...I still pay her $45.
    You may be in a smaller town, or simply be happy with what you are making for what you do. Either way $20 sounds fair, unless you are looking to raise your prices, then let each client know ahead of time that you plan to up your rate. That way everyone has time to adjust, or even find alternatives. Good Luck!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 2:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well I think it depends on where you are at. I live in a town where the only jobs are at the gold mine. So they get paid good money and very one knows it, so they charge 25 to 30 a day. Back when I did daycare at home, I charged 1.75 an hour. :)
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 2:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I charge $2.50 an hour per kid when I babysit. I live in Washington State, but I don't know what the going rate for babysitting is here, it's just what I've always charged.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i charged 100 a week for my friends kids and it should have been more because i had to pick them up from school help them with their homework they stayed the night at my house and half the time i had them i had to take them to school the next morning. My friend worked nights and lived next door but i wouldnt leave the kids there alone at night so they stayed with me at least 5 nights a week so i had to use my gas and food to take care of them so 100 a week for 2 girls was cheep. But i wasnt in it for the money just to help out a friend. I had another girl for just a day because she usually was in daycare but she was sick so we watched cartoons and layed on the couch all day. then i didnt charge her.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would bump it up slightly to 25 which would be 100 bucks a week.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009