Does anyone not pregnant or lactating take prenatal vitamins?

I was wondering because I've heard that they're better for us than regular multi-vitamins and help our hair and nails. My hair and nails have been so brittle since I stopped taking mine, and I still have a brand new bottle I'm thinking of taking, since I don't have a multivitamin. Is the hair and nail thing true, or is it an old wives tale?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Health

• My doctor put me on them and there's no way I can get pregnant, as my tubes are tied... she said they're more of a boost than a regular vitamin... so I see no reason to not take them. They don't cause you to make milk or anything like that.. as for getting sick with them, make sure you eat a good meal before you take it... if I take it on an empty stomach... woowee you wouldn't wanna deal with it, trust me. :P
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:38 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes it true! and i take them everyday! love it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I was told by my doctor to take them all the time because I might become pregnant and you want them in your system 3 months before pregnancy if possible... I tried but they still make me sick.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes for my hair
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 3:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I kept taking them after DD's birth and will continue.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 28, 2009