My BD and I broke up, but I still wanna sleep with him. Whats wrong with me?

So my kids' father and I decided that it's better that we break up, than stay together and continue to argue 22 outa 24 hours a day. We are still living in the same place together until the end of our lease though. Even though all we seem to do is fight anymore he is a GREAT lover, and we still have to live together in the same place until Febuary. So is there something wrong with me that I still want to sleep with him, even though we are technically not together anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I've done this before! It's the I love you, I need you, I hate you thing! Obviously your satisfied and pleased in that area and find comfort in that. Maybe you argue so much that you want to find a common ground for both of you were your happy and not arguing and thats it. Besides make up sex is always better and sometimes during those never ending fights it's good to be a little romantic it cools things down and brings you back together sometimes because it's an emotional yet physcial connection. I also think that even thought the relationship is over you still want to connect with him and thats the easiest way to do it! You obviosuly have to weight the good and the bad and also know that if you attempt somthing and he rejects you, you can't feel hurt about it but if it starts up something you have to take responsibility for that, I also think that he selfconsciously wants to stay if a man wants to leave he will leave!!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think your situation is evidence of the strength of physical attraction. It may even be the only thing that the two of you have in common, but as you have learned, it is not enough to be the basis of a permanent bonding between the two of you. Since the two of you have to live in the same house for a while, this might be an excellent time for you to exercise self-control in the area of the physical and to see if there might be some deeper level on which you and he might connect. The physical bonding seems to block bonding on a deeper lever, which is of utmost importance for the really long lasting commitments that are necessary if unions are to be lifelong.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Do whatever you want to do. If he's there then use him. I would. No sense in wasting a perfectly good lay if it's there anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• WHAT IS A BD? And, "why waste a perfectly good lay" ? holy cow.....grrrrrreat. @@
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2009