Be careful with your camera!

Did any of you hear about the family in arizona that had their three daughters taken away because a wal-mart photo developer called the police about some pictures of their children? Apparently they had taken pictures of their three young children at bath time and the photo developer thought they were child pornography and called the police. a police officer examined them and decided they were child porn pics and arrested the parents, took the children into foster care, and mom lost her job as a teacher. Both parents were put on a child sex offender list and lost their children for a short period. They fought back. The children were examined and no traces of abuse were found. They showed some of the pics on the news and i can't see how someone would think they were bad. They seemed innocent to me. Luckily they got their kids back and are now sueing walmart and the city.

BethanyB930

Asked by BethanyB930 at 3:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• wow! Crazy story! I did hear about something like this! I feel for the parents and those kids! I was molested and was taken away from ym parents at age 5 because of my momj being abusive and me being molested! It was traumatizing! I think they should have checked out the kids that sam day if there wereany suspicions and brought it up to the parents. Thsi indeed flippin sucks! They should go after the city and walmart!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yeah i live here in ariz and heard about it, its stupid. theyre going after the state of arizona and walmart
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ya
    They wont win
    They were doing their jobs
    IF it is EVER suspected they are supposed to report it
    Regardless
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i think they may win. they never even notified the parents about it. and their children were taken away for a month. nothing was showing on the children.

i think they have a good case.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• That was so uncalled for. Seriously i would have them by the cajones if that was done to my family.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'm scared to answer. The CM police might come knocking, demanding to see my camera.
    Yet one more reason to F'ing loathe Wal Mart.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• sorry but this isn't the 70s. My baby album is full of what would be considered child porn. But like everything else times have changed and some dumbarses ruined the innocent fun of cute baby pics and it's now a law to report naked images of children to the authorities. But not all just the ones that don't look innocent. I have baby pics of my two oldest in bubble baths, located naked behind huge bath toys and in towels. Can't see nothing. Supposedly these pictures showed naked baby crotches and yes that is a reportable offense. Sorry. And for all of you hating on Walmart. ITS ANY PLACE THAT DEVELOPS PHOTOS! It is required by law to turn them into the authorities. The police viewed the questionable photos and turned them into CPS and arrested the family.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:38 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Now yes I do think this is being blown out of proportion but unfort. todays laws are strict on child pics. You all up in arms should also be aware that your 15 yo sends a pic of her bare breasts to her teen boyfriend she could be arrested for being a sex offender and he could also for viewing child porn. Sorry don't blame the ones following the law blame the morons that made these laws come into affect. Any nudity by a minor under 18 can be a felony.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i heard about that..i think every parent has a pic of there kids in the tub i know i do and i know my parents do and so does my dh's. i understand haveing concern for the kids but as normal people take things way to far. to me they were normal kids pictures that you can use them as blackmail when there teenages. lol. thankfuly at my walmart theres a friend thats works the photoes and knows there only pictures and a pic of my son in the tub with a ton of bubbles on his head is just cute and funny not intented for perversion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think they should have checked it out before they removed the children for a month. If someone is reported for beating their kids, the children may or not be removed immediately depending on the evidence. Even if they have bruises. "Kids get bruises." So, I'm thinking that removing these children should have been a LAST RESORT. Yes, they were doing their job, but CPS could have left those children in the home after questioning the children. I think the biggest issue is taking them w/o talking to the parents at all. The 7 bath pics, were amongst 144 vacation pics. Not rolls and rolls of "porn". I hope they win.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2009