PLEASE PLEASE LOOK!!! CREDIT ?

I have NEVER paid a single payment late on ANY credit card but, I screwed up and forgot to pay one of my cards this month. It is 6 days late right now and will be 10 days late when I can make the payment so my question is...Do they REALLY only report a late payment to the credit bureu after 30 days so like if i make the payment 10-15 days late would they report it? Trust me I know that this is AWFUL and that I deserve what I get because its my own fault but, I don't have any other choice this month. I took two weeks off from work because my mother passed away and have screwed up my budget pretty bad...so please if anyone knows the answer i would really apprecatie it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• ok so like in feb when there werent enought days in the flipin month my payment was due March 2 but I always pais it around the 5th 6th of the month I was late and they charged me a fee on top of that I was told by thyem that they report it after 30 days but for soe reason it still shows in your record that you are late well it did on mine. So You should def call the company let them know and I think that some compnay's also have the 1 month off were they make the payment for you for 1 timein a 12 month cycle!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• the three major agencies only report for 30 day increments. So the credit report you have is also based on 30 day increments, you are fine.
    Your credit card company will have an internal record showing your "slow" payment, and they may or may not charge you a late fee. If you call them, they may waive your late fee. You can also generally make payments by phone or internet and cut down on processing time.
    If this is the only credit mistake you have made, I am sure you will sport the same score, and credit history with this mistake as you did before it.
    You have access to a free report each year, from www.anualcreditreport.com, if you are concerned then wait 45-60 days for the reporting to catch up, and pull your own report to see what it contains. It is important for you to do this simply to monitor the content.
    I've been a Financial Services Manager for 11 years, if you have any other questions Pm me, I'm happy to help
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 4:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If this is truly your first time ever being late, call the credit card company and they will more than likely waive the fee for you, Like previously said, I don't believe it will show on your credit report unless you're 30 days late.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 7:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Depending on which company, yes it will show up. It might take 30 days to show up, but they upload your credit status to the bureaus at the "end" of each month regardless of what your payment history is. That's how the bureaus know you paid on time. If you are past your grace period it can show as a 1-15. And if you're wondering - yes, if you have any cards with clauses to raise your interest if you are late on ANY payment, it is enough for them to do so. If you haven't called the cc company yet, do it now and make sure they know you have arrangements and see if it will be reported or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009