do babies cheeks turn red when teething??

my dd is getting her top two teeth and i know its hurting her ive ben giving her teething tablets, but her cheeks are blotchy red and shes been having a really runny nose, and her right ear is really bright red...

is this just from teething? ive also given her tylenol.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bright red ear could be an infection .
    Im not sure about the red checks , my babies checks arent red.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well shes gotten teeth before, and they didnt bother her at all but this time is completely different with the fussiness, runny nose pink cheeks and pink ear.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• maybe take her to the dr?
    She might be getting sick .
    Its not unheard of for teething to cause babies to get sick .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• she doesnt have a fever though. just the fussyness.. idk, would you take your LO in?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• sounds like fifth disease. It is not serious but I would take her to the dr.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sounds like 5th disease. While it can be very serious in adults, the younger a child the less severe it is. It will run it's course and she'll be fine. I would not take her in unless she started running a high fever. Keep in mind this is flu season...you don't want to take you LO to the dr and expose them to the flu unless they really need to see the dr. In a baby, 5th disease will cause a little fussiness, aching, red cheeks, and possibly some cold symptoms (possibly a fever, but not necessarily). Depending on the strain, it can run it's course in a week to more like 3 weeks. Most people have had 5th disease before they are 8 years old and so are immune. If you are not immune and you get it, it can be quite bad. I was a teacher and caught it at the age of 25 and it was really bad (about like a severe case of mono) and I had it for over 3 months.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It can be normal for some babies but I would take her to the doc just to make sure she doesn't have an ear infection. When my dd was teething she always had red cheeks and sometimes an orange looking nose lol
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 9:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009