anyone at an average weight prior to pregnancy only gain about 11-15 pounds and still have an avg size baby?

im 37 weeks 6 days.... i weighed 140 before pregnancy at 5"9... to be perfectly honest i wasnt really TRYING to eat healthy ( well i made sure to eat a lot healthier before for baby) but i still ate alot of junk food and what not and the only excersize i did was walking now because my doctor told me to do so and thats only for the past week lol and i only gained 11 pounds... the dr who did my ultrasound at 33 weeks said my baby was going to be pretty big but my doctor thinks she is going to be small... i ate a lot and made sure i ate enough healthy foods so that she can grow the way she needs.. but i havnt hardly gained anything... BIIG belly but no weight lol.. anyone been in this boat and end up having a healthy size baby? im just kinda worried about her being to small... ill feel like its completely my fault if shes underweight

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OP sorry typo i meant "i made sure to eat a lot healthier THAN before for baby" sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I was 125 when I first got pregnant 5'6" and delivered at 38 wks and i was 136 lbs. My dd was 6lbs 4oz and healthy, just breech so I ended up having an emergency C.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i only gained 15 pounds and my dd was 6 pounds 11 oz...she was born 2 weeks early as well i think thats still a pretty sized baby...and for my other dd i gained 20 pounds and she weighed 7 pounds 13.4 oz...
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 4:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My first pregnancy I went from 100lbs to 138. She was 6lbs 7oz 12 days early. My second pregnancy I went from 104lbs to 119lbs and she was also 6lbs 7oz 12days early. Im a tiny women, so I think 6lbs was my holding compacity! lol....
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 5:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Your baby will be fine. That is plenty of weight gain to have an average size baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My niece lost weight and had a 5 pound baby.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Yes, I actually lost about 14 pounds( due to morning sickness ) during my first trimester, and that was all that had gained back on the day I delivered our beautiful 6 lb 10 oz baby girl. Unlike my first pregnancy with our son three years earlier where I gained a whopping 36 lbs total! As long as you are eating and getting some exercise and enough sleep I believe you'll be fine. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Doctors can only guess how much your baby weighs, they do not know for sure. And even if she will be 6-7 pounds when she is born that is a fine weight. You also cannot determine the size of the baby by how much weight you gained - I only gained around 10 pounds and my last two babies were over 8 lbs. She'll just be able to wear those really cute small newborn or 0-3 month clothes longer. Please don't feel bad or worry about her weight she is fine, and just enjoy the last few days of preganancy as much as you can.
    Mommy_Carebear

Answer by Mommy_Carebear at 8:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I only gained 14lbs. and my son was 8lb. 3oz. at birth... they actually thought he was going to be closer to 10lbs. Sure glad he wasn't! :)
    StrollerStrider

Answer by StrollerStrider at 8:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Are you kidding?? LOL My high risk OB/Gyn told me I was not to gain anymore than 15 pounds total. It's mostly, if not all baby related. You're fine if you gain more and you're fine if you don't. In fact the more you put on the harder delivery and the higher the risk of complications. Don't stress normal range of a healthy newborn is six-ten pounds and there's still time for baby to up that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2009