What is REG DAY?

The 15th Annual Reg Day is Sat Nov 14th.

RegDay is an annual event to increase public awareness of the International Soundex Reunion Registry; a free humanitarian service better known as ISRR. ISRR is a non-profit mutual consent registry dedicated to reuniting adult family members separated by adoption, divorce, or other dislocation. Lauded in the nationally syndicated Dear Abby column (8/26/97), the ISRR has reunited thousands of adults all over the world. http://www.regday.org/dearabby.html

learn more at www.regday.org/

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 4:39 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Adoption

• I think it was Ann Landers that was so against adoption reunions. I did RegDays twice and found them to be very rewarding experiences, and highly recommend participating if you can.

ISRR (Soundex) is one of the most popular adoption registries, and is the first registry that people who want to find someone should sign up with. Unlike state registries, they have many matches.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't understand. Is there a question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Adopteeme, thank you for bringing this to our attention, I was unaware of this day, and have indeed donated to this registry, they do amazing work, all for those wom wish to be reunited in a safe, and respected way. This is a good post , to make others aware, such as this first ANON reply, so thank you...Blessings, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I didn't know about this day either.
    Thank you for posting.
    Kitricia

Answer by Kitricia at 8:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I was surprised to hear you say that "Dear Abby" Lauded Reg Day because I had it in my head that she once said "I've never heard of anything good happening from adoption reunion". But, then I searched for that quote and couldn't find anything. So maybe I was wrong. I'm glad to be wrong :)
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Thanks adopteeme.

I think this is very important information to share and a great way for others to help out if they can.

There are so many "iffy" reunion organizations out there and it's nice to know of one that truly cares and wants to help the many who are wanting to find their lost family members.
    bellacocco

Answer by bellacocco at 6:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• SR, I've done three. And you're so right- they are very rewarding. We did alot of local advertising for the event. I'll never forget the 76 yo adoptee who was there before the mall even opened- waiting for us to set up. Or, the lady that walked by our table very slowly- and 10 min later walked back by again, this time with dark sunglasses on. Ten minutes later, she came back by and finally aproached our table with tears in her eyes. Yup she was one of those closet bmoms. I'm very glad that she felt able to aproach us and begin her journey to come out and start to heal.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 8:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009