how much to charge for babysitting?

im getting certified soon to be an in home caregiver formilitary kids. (im a military wife and in the military if you do babysitting during the day you need to take classes and get certified) i have one person who wants me to wqtch her little boy once a week for either 4-6 hrs right now. later once she gets a job it may increase. im not sure what to charge for this.....with the normal caregiver you have a rate of g1-g6 which goes by rank and the other persons income, but this is only once a week right now so its really up to me.....what would you charge weekly for this? he's a toddler. i want to actually make a lil $ not to mention cover the cost ill use on feeding him. what do you think is fair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i dont charge much..my normal rate is 25.00 a day (full day 6-8 hours ) but right now im helping a mom out she works just under full time hours and is struggleing no matter how hard she tries, so i watch her 2 yr old at 4.00 an hour sometimes i have him 4 hours sometimes 6-7 hours. but in the end it gives me xtra money and still gives her money in her check. i also feed him which is no biggie ( breakfast, snack and lunch then a light snack before he goes home )
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would say a MINIMUM of $5 an hour, if not $8 an hour. A teenager doesn't sit for less than $5 an hour in my area. Why should they when at 15 yrs old, they can make over $9 an hour?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009