car seat question

my dd is 27 months old and the one i have her in is starting to get very hard for me to buckle it and ive pulled the string as far as it will go..she only weighs 27 pounds but i dont know if it would be ok or not to switch her over to a booster seat? what should i do? i went and bought a booster seat yesterday just in case if it gets to where i cant buckle it anymore but its gettin really tight on her...

SPC.armywife

Asked by SPC.armywife at 6:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your daughter will be perfectly fine! Don't listen to all the negativity! As long as she is in a 5 point harness, she will be fine.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 11:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Have you loosened the straps from the back? I would take it to your local sheriff's department or DPS station and let them check it if you aren't sure. It is a free service.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I bought a high back booster for my DD, but its the one with the 5 point harness. She is only 30 lbs, but she meets weight and high requirements for it, and the fire department told me she would be perfectly safe in it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10759857

livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 7:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• ive got it to the highest level and have the straps pulled all the way.....the booster seat i bought was from target and it has a back on it and it says for 30 pounds the only thing she she comes close to is the height for it.....shes the right length for it just not the pounds...
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 8:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If the other seat is getting to the point that you can't buckle it, I would say just go ahead and switch her. Shes only what 3lbs off?
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 8:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• No, she's much to small and young for a booster. What seat do you have her in? I'd find a tech in my area to see if they can adjust the straps better, there may be something that you don't know about that can be done. If she's FFing, you CAN buy a booster that also has a harness, like the Nautilus, which will hold her in the harness to 65 lbs. But at 27 lbs, she could still be RFing, and is defiantly too small for just a belt positioning booster.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't put a 27 month old baby in a booster especially not if she doesn't meet the weight requirements, JMO
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 9:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• nope no booster . that is putting your dd lioves at risk. and a sure you dont wnat to do that. booster seats are for kids 40lbs an i belibve 5 yrs old or 4.. it doesnt meat the requirmnets and if you were to have an accident your lil girl would most likely not survive. my dd weighs 28 lbs and we have a cosco scerea. and the straps are still good.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

40 lbs is the weight requirmenbt for a booster!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• also if your child is inthe wrong carseat and you get in a car accident and tricare finds out you will be in alot of trouble
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009