Help on a temper of a baby!!!

My daughter will be 13mnths Oct. 5th. For two weeks, she has gone from sleeping all night to waking up by 3am. I have been staying up later then usual. She also had a cold at the time, so I am figuring that was the problem. She has three teeth on the top, three on bottom. She is however cutting a fourth on the top. On top, she has the two fronts an incisor on the right side and is now cutting one on the other side. Long story short, she is waking up at almost routine 4am every night SCREAMING. I've tried the cry-it-out-method. That is obviously not working. Orajel, teething tablets, milk nothing seems to help. I have also tried Tylenol and that too is not working. This is turning into a fit throwing routine of her getting so upset she hits, bites & just screams at me. I'm trying to stay as calm as possible. I try to sit with her & rock but that does not offer much comfort for her. Do you ladies have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is almost the same way, i don't know why its not an every night thing with him though but it happens maybe 2-3 times a week. I have noticed though that if he is over tired when he goes to bed, he has a rough night vs him falling asleep when he's tired but not to tired. Try putting her down a little earlier and see if that helps.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 8:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh wow! I am so sorry. Why does letting her cry it out not work? Umm, I really don't know what to tell you. The only other thing is maybe she has a growth spurt coming up and is hungry?? I know that is kind of crazy, but my first born did something similar (didn't get quite so upset). One evening we fed him a TON of food, until he started refusing to eat. He slept all night that night!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• so she is getting up at 4am and wailing? What makes her go back to sleep? Is she hungry? in pain? Dirty diaper? If you can just start eliminating possibilities With my son he was waking up once a night and I would nurse him and he would really eat and then he would go back to sleep without a problem.

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i don't know why i posted my question as anonymous! haha anyways, she doesn't have a dirty diaper and i get her up to change her once she is crying and she isn't hungry because she won't even take the bottle...its just a bad situation i guess ladies!!!last night she was up at 4 and FINALLY fell asleep at six...the cry it out method doesn't seem to work because she will cry so hard she makes herself gag and then that leads to throw up all down the crib in the floor...you get the picture!!! i will try putting her to bed a little earlier and see if that helps! ill let yall know haha
    Malorhee

Answer by Malorhee at 5:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009