How often do you put your child on the potty?

How do you get them to control their bladder and tell u when they hafta go?

Irishgurl8605

Asked by Irishgurl8605 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Practice...In the beginning, it was every 30-45 minutes I would put her on the potty chair in whatever room we happened to be in. After about 3-4 days of peeing down her leg (I pitched diapers and only used pull ups at nap and nighttime) she could tell me when she had to go. BUT, if she didn't get there within 60 seconds, she went down her leg...after about another week, she could hold it for about 5 minutes to get to the potty. Now after 4 months, there are no potty chairs in the house and she goes on the big potty. We still use pull ups at night as daddy is not disciplined enough to NOT give her anything to drink after 7 so she still has a few wet pullups a couple times a week.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Jademom07, How old is your little one? When did you start? How many months old?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We tried at 18 months and she rebelled and wouldn't even tell me when she was wet and refused to let me change her...then we tried again when she was 24 months and it really only took 2 weeks before she was dry all day...then a month later, she started having accidents for about 2 weeks, then back to dry all day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well theey let you nkwo. you caant teah thenm to contro their bladder is soemthing that happensa naturally. unless your child is showing cues,. like taking het diaper off, telling you when her diaper is dirty, if you can tell when she is going in her diaper. every child is different my dd was ready at 18 mts and by 24 mts she was fully potty train but some kids arent ready till they are almost three.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2009