What kind of stove do you prefer?

We've had gas, electric ranges, and now a ceramic top. I have to say, I HATE the ceramic top and my favorite was gas stoves.

bethany_smith

Asked by bethany_smith at 8:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I prefer gas stoves. Gas is much better for baking & I like that I have more control over the burners than with an electric cooktop. I have sealed gas burners, so my stovetop is easy to keep clean and the oven is "self-cleaning", although it doesn't really get that dirty because I use a silpat liner.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I like electric because you don't have to worry about a pilot light going out and having gas seep into the house... I had a gas stove and I swear I was constantly on the floor checking that damn flame :P
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I love my gas (with electric start)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I just wish I had a flat stop stove so it'd be so much easier to clean.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have only ever had electric, regular and flat top. My DH says gas is better.

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My mom has a flat top and I have electric. I never want a flat top because they keep are awful to keep clean. When she got hers I got half of her cook wear because it couldnt be used on the flat top.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I've had all, gas cooks faster! ,now i have glass top i like it ,BUT it is a pain keeping it clean! I wish there was a self cleaning top, that would be awesome!lol

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 8:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Gas and only gas. We have an auto pilot light. I love cooking with my cast iron cookware and if I had a ceramic top I wouldn't be able to use it.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I hated my ceramic stove as well. Hard to keep clean- hard to heat-UGH! I like my gas stove the best!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2009