Has your spouse ever hit you in his sleep?

This morning my DF was having a bad dream about fighting and hit me in the back of the head hard while he was sleeping. If I'd been facing him or laying on my back I might have ended up with a busted nose or black eye. He felt so bad he cried and got up and went on the couch and wouldn't come back to bed. He always warned me he was a rough sleeper and fought in his sleep a lot. I've heard him hit the wall and the nightstand lashing out in his sleep and he's told me stories about how he's kicked other girls out of bed (while sleeping) I've just never experienced it until now. Not really a fun question but.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOl Nope never been hit but dh humped my leg once when he got out of Basic training....and when I told him to quit, he said, "Shhh, I know what I'm doing, I've done it before...." and then kept going! LOL
    Made me wonder exactly WHAT he got taught in Basic! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• He CRIED...gimme a break. yes I have been hit and I elbowed him back. It's part of sleeping with another person. He woke up and said sorry then went back to sleep after deciding I would live. So did I.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• So what's wrong with a man crying? I'm going to keep my bitchy comment to myself, it's too early to start a fight.

Yes, mine has hit me....usually with an elbow. Although he has PTSD and has hideous nightmares that cause him to thrash about. There are other nightmares that stem from when his father kidnapped him and his younger brother when they were little. Those are the ones he doesn't remember, thankfully, cuz those are worse then the ones he has about Iraq. I know cuz he talks in his sleep, which he doesn't know about. I've not told him because I don't want him to know why his brain won't let him remember the dreams.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Okay, well, he didn't cry but he said he felt like it. I threw that in there because, well, I dunno, you know how the women are on this site, thought I might get bashed or something, like people would think he was doing it on purpose. Anyway, like I said it wasn't a little bump or something. My ex would hit me every now and again in his sleep too, but it was nothing like this, this was like he threw one hell of a punch, something that would've taken down a full grown man. Did it make you scared to sleep with him while you were pregnant or have your kids crawl into bed with you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Daisy, I think DF does it because of night terrors, too, from things that happened in his childhood. He said he wanted to go to the Dr to find out why he is like that. I'm not sure there is much they could do other than psychological counselling. I'm a little scared but I don't want to give up sharing a bed with him. He works night so throughout the week we really only spend about an hour in bed together. Guess I'll just sleep on my right side and my back when he is gone. It pretty much solved the issue about whether or not my son will be crawling into bed with us in the middle of the night, just can't take the risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My husbands also made sleep more of a physical exercise of dodging than a time of rest until he saw a sleep specialist. It was covered by our insurance. We found he has sleep apnea. Now he has a little black box with a Darth Vader mask. It is a little inconvenient, but he sleeps like a baby allowing me to do so too.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Okay, well, he didn't cry but he said he felt like it. I threw that in there because, well, I dunno, you know how the women are on this site, thought I might get bashed or something, like people would think he was doing it on purpose.

It gave me this image of him breaking down...crocodile tears.

And Daisy521, there is nothing wrong with a man crying but crying over something like this makes me wonder...it's not like he did it on purpose, so crying over this strikes me odd.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Only once. And it was right after I had LASIK, the first night when I didn't have plastic guards taped over my eyes. He rolled over and his hand went right into my eye!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• YES! He has done this twice - once he hit me in the back, once in the face. I wasn't hurt either time, just woke me up. He felt so badly about it, poor guy. He's a cop and he has dreams where he's fighting bad guys.
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Mine use to elbow me in the head all the time before he got use to sharing a bed with me. He was bad about sleeping with his hand behind his head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2009