WHAT AGE WAS IT WHEN YOUR CHILD WENT TO THE DENIST FOR THE FIRST TIME?

MY SON IS 18MONTHS AND HE IS GOING THIS MORNING AND I DONT KNOW WHAT ALL ARE THEY GOING TO DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine was 12 months old. I didn't have fluoride in my water when i was pregnant with her (little did I know), which caused her teeth to grow in with brown streaks across them and they were very weak. She had to get veneers on her front 4 teeth on top, and even with that she did awesome. She's gone to the dentist every 6 months since then, and she's rarely ever had a problem with going. The only part she really doesn't like is when they paint the fluoride on their teeth because it tastes bad and feels weird.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• both of my girls went at the age of 4. They both did rather well their first few visits. My oldest is getting prepped for braces for next year. She has a small mouth and has had to have 4 teeth remove and next month is having an additional 6 removed before the braces go on. Even through all of that she's still done rather well.

It should be just a routine cleaning I would suppose. Give you some tips on how to continue what you're doing and the baby will get a new toothbrush.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My DD was exactly 2 and she loves the dentist. All they do is clean there teeth and maybe take and x-ray.
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 9:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My kids were 3 or 4 years old. They were pretty good but it was obvious they were scared by the way their eyes looked---they were patient and they didn't complain. My middle child had a few out of line,crooked teeth that had to go before the permanent teeth could come through. They gave her "happy gas" and she didn't remember any of it. If you find a good dentist, one that makes visits easy,you will be lucky-keep him! (Or her)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 3 yrs old, cleaned teeth, floride treatment
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 3 yrs old
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 12 months old. Every 6 months after that.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• they were 2
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009