they gave him up for adoption bc hes a boy

have u ever known anyone to give a child up bc its the "wrong" sex? I was reading all the adoption post when i thought about it. i was younger and a boy lived with his grandfather. His parents decided to give him away bc they already had a boy and they wanted a girl. the grandfather wasnt having that and took him. Well later on they got pregnant and had a girl. they tell them they are aunt and uncle and his sister and bro are his cusins..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Adoption

• Yes, I know a couple that had a little boy, then got pregnant with a little girl. The baby's daddy said he didn't want a girl so they put her up for adoption! Luckily, it worked out well for my cousin who adopted her. Well they then got pregnant a year later, with another girl- AND KEPT IT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's better than killing him or keeping him and abusing him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have heard of that, I don't agree with it. I mean I have 3 boys, I'd have loved to have had a girl, but not at the cost of giving up one of my boys. It just seems so wrong to me.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Op.. well i also know someone that had a son, they got pregnant again named the baby billy JR. AND GAVE HIM UP! how are u goin to name him JR and give him up. not much later they had ANOTHER boy. i dont get it. if u dont want one y have another and keep it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's not right AT ALL! But like jademom said, it's better than getting an abortion or abusing that child. I have two boys and when we decide to have another, we are hoping for a girl, but most importantly for a healthy child. That is so wrong that people do stuff like this.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Wow! I know a couple who had 7 girls and I dont' think that they would have ever entertained the idea of giving any of them up for adoption!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• OP.. i know a couple that have 9 boys and 1 girl lol... they kept tryin and trying and eventually it happen. needless to say NO MORE haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well that little boy is proably were he belongs( i know its wrong) but the grandfather probaly needed that little boy too.he will find out the truth when he is older im sure
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• OP...hes older now and i always wonder if he knows. His grandfather wasnt very nice to him, would spank him with a piece of wood. I felt so bad for him. he burnt down a house. He didnt mean to but that messed his head up. He was a good kid fun to hang out with. I know his grandfather died to and i couldnt imagin what that did to him. i dont even know his last name to look him up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Some people should be sterilized!

I have always wanted more boys than girls, and we were both hoping our first child would be a boy. Fate gave us our darling girl though, and I could never give her up!
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009