What do i do if my baby is constipated?

He is taking a vitamin once a day, the doctor cut the dose down because i noticed he was constipated, is there a vitamin w/ a stool softener?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Health

• How old is he? I didn't give vitamins for the first year because of this...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• he is 4months but was borna preemie. bday June 3 should have been born 9/16. The doctor prescribed vitamins to help him grow and to replenish his system of minerals and vitamins lost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• how old, maybe you can substitute fluids with pedialyte. there are suppositories also, but make sure he/she has enough fluids.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• oh good idea! I have been substituting his water in his formula at night w/ chamonille tea per the doctors orders. This helps him sleep at night. he has his day mixed up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• this just an idea, maybe those baby gas drops will help push it along, they move gas. that's my idea, don't take my word for it.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My six month old was constipated last night and we called our on call doc and she said to get baby pear juice and dilute it with water. 2 oz pear juice with 2 oz water. Poor guy was so backed up.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 11:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009