My husband needs help with his Sunday school class...

My husband needs help with his Sunday school class....
he teaches ages 11, 12, and 13. He has some of the MOST disrespectful and disruptive students in his class! He probably has about 5 or 6 real problem students, then a handful that are talkative but will be quiet if he starts to get a little bit more stern. Then there are a few who are quite, get what is being taught, and like being there, and generally want to learn more.
The worse problem is that the adults in the church and the Sunday school director thinks it's ALL my husband's fault. They're opinions, I think, affect how their kids treat him. He's said that he has probably been too nice. My husband is young he's 25. He was asked to take this class by the church. He loves to teach and loves getting messages across, the problem is he can't because of these kids.
Does anyone have any suggestions for him? I don't want a debate about religion, just help with this age!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i would suggest allowing the kids to randomly assist with teaching the class. Since it is a Sunday school, post the 10 commandments and some "scary" verses from the bible about disobedience. Even I know not to play with the bible. Teach lessons on disobedience and how God handles such situations. Scare the "hell" out of their little butts.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I asked this in a different section earilier... but this is another answer I posted to help shed some more light on the situation in regards to getting help for the class...

Well he's asked for it several times and no one's willing to sit in there. I've sat in there but they do not respond to me whatsoever. I don't know if it's cuz I'm his wife or of if they need another guy to give stern looks or what!
    He's going to make a point chart, a list of rules and start offering rewards and treats to the kids. We're hosting a sr youth and jr youth football game party thing on the 24th of next month. I told him that if a kid is asked to leave class or are suspended or whatever that he should use THAT as leverage. They will not be allowed to participate in something that is in our home and they can't respect him in church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ok I go with what Queen said okay Yeah Sometimes it takes Scare the "hell" out of their little butts To make them understand that You have a Choice to make . But also to you look at this way there some kids you don't haft to Scare Some just come up say can we talk i really don't want to talk to None of the another kids Cause they won't do nutting but make it worse then what it already is... When i was 13 -16 i didn't really want to talk to anyone about nutthing but sometime down the road i knew i had too.. so i did it made it alot better talking to someone that can understand me.. Then wait unto it too late Now too when i was younger me and sister and dad we picked up kids and take them to chruch some kids wouldn't really talk that much some would.. but to understand a kid you got to sit down talk with them one on one or when there is a Group pick a Subject to talk about.. Then after class ask question ....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Then too There some Kids will say you know i was listen to what you were talking about i have Question and if he Can't Aws all them then get with the preacher and ask Him what they mean..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009