Avent Bottles are not BPA FREE?

Has anyone Heard about this I have tons of these bottles that were gifted to me at my baby shower. I was looking online for some new nipples and attachments and saw that there bottles are not BPA FREE !! I am really Concerned.

This is what I have Found....
"Very low doses [of BPA] — below the amounts that are present in humans — when, particularly, exposure occurs in fetuses and newborns, you end up with those babies eventually developing prostate cancer, breast cancer. They become hyperactive. They show learning impairment. It's a poster chemical for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder,"

Mrs2009

Asked by Mrs2009 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• According to the Avent website

The Philips AVENT Airflex reusable bottle is made from polycarbonate and therefore contains BPA. This product is no longer sold in the United States and Canada. Philips offers two BPA-free reusable bottles in its Infant Feeding line.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would switch bottles. My fave are the playtex nursers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh yes I found that out after I bought a whole collection of them and never got to use them. DD didn't take a bottle often but if she did I used the Playtex drop ins.
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 9:48 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If they were purchased recently, they should be BPA free. From their site" product packaging is clearly labeled ‘BPA-free.’ Philips AVENT BPA-free bottles can also be identified by the color of the plastic – either a natural-honey tint or a slightly milky hue."
    Cafe MicheleZ

Answer by Cafe MicheleZ at 10:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2009