How can I keep my outside cat off the cars?

Any ideas? The female has learned to stay off them, but the male just wont get it, it is really making my husband very mad.

BusyBeesmom

Asked by BusyBeesmom at 9:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pets

• Hmmm, How did the female learn to stay off of the cars? I figure she just is't keen on sitting on a car. I hope you figure it out but I'm just not sure it can be done. Cats have a mind of their own. Do you not have a garage? Can't think of anything else except sitting out there with a squirt bottle. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Nope no garage, we soaked the female every time we caught her on the car, that hasn't worked for the hard headed male.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You might try sitting a SSScat on the car and see if that will teach him. a SSCat is kind of like those deer deterants that have a motion scensor and spray water with then deer try to eat a garden. This thing is the same concept and works pretty well, i used it to teach my kittens not jump on the counter. It costs about 30 dollers and i know Petsmart carries it. The only thing will be remembering to take it off the car before you leave. Other then that i don't know, i have never tried to teach my cats not to jump on cars.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• moth balls. Seriously we use to hike in the mountains and leave our cars unattended and was told by the park rangers to place moth balls in the wheel wells and also in a pan underneath the car and the smell repells animals. Should work to keep the cats away from the cars.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Moth Balls are extremely toxic to animals.

Why don't you bring your cats inside? As for soaking the cat to keep him off the car, that is a nice abusive way to teach an animal.

Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• They were inside/outside cats then when my 3 year old was born they became destructive and mean towards her and her things, therefore they went outside.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009