How do you make homemade detergent for newborn clothes?

Se-Se

Asked by Se-Se at 9:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 1/3 to 1/2 cup liquid Castile soap (search for Dr. Bonner's, they make an infant one)
    1/2 cup washing soda ( I use Arm & Hammer Washing Soda)
    1/2 cup borax (I use 20 Mule Team Borax)

Mix all ingredients in a 2-gallon bucket. Add hot water to fill the bucket and stir well. This will be a thinner concoction than commercial laundry detergent. Save your old laundry detergent containers to store your homemade detergent. You should shake up the mixture before you use it because it has a tendency to separate. I use about ¼ to 1/3 cup per average laundry load.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I too make my own laundry soap but it's powder, if you'd like the recipe PM me. We've been using it for almost a year and I've only spent about 10 bucks on soap.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• wow i didnt know you could do that!! i buy mighty all and clear cuz my dd hasa severe eczema
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2009