can i use vitamins for my 4 years old

spring80

Asked by spring80 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yes, I have given the chewable ones since she was 18 months
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes just look at the age group on the vitamins.
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• my doctor dont like the idea ,togive vitamins
    spring80

Answer by spring80 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It depends. If your child has a well balanced diet and is eating correct amounts regularly, s/he may not need the vitamins. My doc said my daughter didn't need them unless she was sick. Then the boost helped.

It is possible to overdose on vitamins so you need to be aware of your childs diet as well as the vitamins provided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• A balanced diet is best; if your child has deficiencies, you should supplement.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Yes! I have used them since mine were young. Of course a healthy diet is best but a multi-vitamin is a reassurance to missing vitamins. Many vitamins are not eaten everyday and many kids are picky eaters. I highly reccomend a multi-vitamin. Many vitamins are not completely absorbed by our bodies though. I use Koala Pal multivitamin because I read a sceintific study on them versus Flinstones and there two vitamins is equal to Flinstones 11. WOW! There vitamins are absorbed completely and my kids LOVE them! For more info contact my email, I do not check back to all of my posts!
    Moriah
    MLanglois7@cox.net
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 12:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i give my son 2 flinstone gummies everyday, he loves them and we dont do candy so they are a real treat, he has a healthy diet but you cant get them to eat EVERYTHING they need EVERYDAY.... i dont think it can hurt them.... why is you pedi so opposed to vitamins?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You can, but it isn't necessary if they're eating a balanced diet. My pediatrician has yet to tell me I need to give vitamins to my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If your child is eating a well balanced diet and is healthy and growing at a steady pace, then your child does NOT need vitamins. My son's pediatrician told me that because my son is healthy, eating a balanced diet and growing steadily, he does not need vitamins.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Not if they are eating a well balanced diet, but my daughter is like me and does not like red meat and recently tested as being low iron (not anemic though) so I have found a chewable iron supplement for her. My son also is a very picky eater so he has gotten a vitamin since he was 2 years old per our doctor's recommendation. As far as eating everything they need everyday that is the beauty of most vitamins. Most stay in your system for quite a long time so you just try to balance their food intake over the entire week not a day.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009