PBS Kids narrator?

What is up with my PBS Station? When I put on Sesame Street for my son there is a narrator saying what is happening, almost like closed captioning for hearing impaired individuals only it would be for the visually impaired. It's like, as the episode goes on there is a voice saying things like "An orange monster named Zoe dances near a fruit stand." BUT if I record it on the DVR and play it back, then it's normal and there is no narrator.

What is up with that? Has anyone else noticed this with their local PBS station?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 10:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Beck - I tried this out this morning, and it's definitely the result of hitting the SAP button. Sort of weird considering I always thought the SAP button was for the Spanish dubbing... not some weird voice over for the visually impaired.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Sounds like someone hit the SAP on your tv, or else it's something at their end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Thanks A. It seems to have gone away on it's own... Sort of like when my car makes a funny noise and I ignore it and then it stops.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009