bouncy seat...crib...

when my dd was younger (shes 8 months now) we let her fall asleep in her bouncy seat bc she loved the vibrations and would just cry and cry in her crib. well weve finally gotten her to sleep in her crib at night but during the day for her naps she wont have any of it. she cries for half an hour at a time on and off. just when we think shes okay she does it again. i cant have her nap in her bouncy seat anymore bc she just started to turn around and climb out so obviously its not safe anymore. any idea how to get her to take naps in her crib or pack n play during the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep putting her in it and get rid of the seat...out of sight out of mind. If you keep giving in, she will know that all she has to do is cry. It will only take a few days and she will understand it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes i agree with jademom just get rid of the seat eventually she will get the picture its not there and she has to sleep in the crib am so glad to hear someone else let there baby sleep in the bouncy seat i let my daughter sleep in hers cuz she will not sleep in the crib she screams like someone is tryin to kill her as soon as i pt her in it but shes only 3 weeks so i guess its ok for now
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• YUP--- HIDE THE SEAT AND LET HER CRY IT OUT!! ITS NO FUN FOR YOU BUT IT IS WHATS BEST FOR HER!!! HANG IN THERE MAMA!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with PPs. You might just have to hide it and let her CIO a few times. I understand what you mean though. My daughter loved the vibrations but her pack-n-play has this clip on thin that has a night light, plays music, and vibrates so when it clips onto the playpen, it vibrates the whole thing. Pretty neat. I even clip it on to her crib for the music and night light parts.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• thanks! we tried having some light or music..even the one that projected onto the ceiling. it just kept her awake and entertained lol. she wouldnt sleep for anything. im gradually gonna try to move her i think one nap at a time. i just really hate to hear her cry...makes me wanna cry lol. my advic is to not rely on that seat though even if its sooo much easier...youll regret it lol..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2009