coupons?

How do you coupon shop for non-prepared foods? I mean things like flour, sugar, butter, extracts and other basic cooking ingredients? I don't buy things like mac 'n cheese and like products and that is all I can find coupons for! Please teach me!

reflect1light

Asked by reflect1light at 10:38 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• They're seasonal. Baking supplies go on sale in the next month or so as we get closer to Thanksgiving and Christimas (baking season). You'll see the coupons start showing up in October. Cut them now and save them for the pre-Thanksgiving sales. Buy in bulk. Check your library/waiting rooms/etc for extra papers and grab those inserts. Different stores have different policies on how many coupons you can use at the same time (so say it's $1 off 2 things, and a 2 coupon limit, you can only use 2 coupons and buy 4 things). Make multiple transactions if you have to. Freeze all dry goods (flour, sugar, etc) for at least 3 days as soon as you get them home and they will never go buggy. If you have a deep freeze just keep them there, if not get airtight containers after day 3.

Butter & milk and such, same thing - buy in bulk when it's on sale, freeze til you need. (pour a little milk out or the jug can burst)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't coupon shop for these items, I buy store brand or bulk. Dollar General, Save-A-Lot, Aldi's, etc. all have these items for a LOT less than name brand or even Walmart brand.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I find coupons for some of these items, or just buy on sale.

www.mambosprouts.com

www.eatbetteramerica.com

www.mypoints.com

www.redplum.com

Answer by rkoloms at 12:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009