2007 birth spike and the word "bumpaholic"

From what I'm reading, we are in another baby boom. In 2007 alone, American women birthed more than 4.3 million babies—the highest number ever. Woman's Health Mag (Last updated: August 25, 2009 Issue date: July/August 2009 ). Why do you think this is happening during a downturn economy?

Also, what do you think when the press labels women as "Bumpaholics"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, staying home, watching a movie and having sex is free compared to going out to the movies and having to pay 20+ dollars not including finding a babysitter and paying them if you already have kids.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I had a baby in 2007 and I don't like the term " Bumpaholics". I am not Octo Mom. They can call her a bumpaholic or the Duggar Mom.

It's happening now because people are out of work and have nothing else to do. No jobs are hiring so get some loving instead. Idk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• What about birth control while you are home having sex and not spending money? Hmmm? It would be a good thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• What about birth control while you are home having sex and not spending money?

The only 100% effective bc is abstinence. You'd know that if they were still allowed to say the word in school without being tarred and feathered. The more you do it the higher the odds a swimmer will get through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's not a 'bump' so much as a large pumpkin-sized tumor. I hate the word 'bump'.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 11:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well a lot of people cannot afford the birth control we are in a recession after all...lol. Thankfully, I was fixed after number four or we would probably be looking at number five,since our health insurance went the way of our jobs. Expecting a married couple to be totally and indefinitely abstinent is a bit much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• "What about birth control while you are home having sex and not spending money? Hmmm? It would be a good thing. "

Oh wow.... that is a novel idea... They don't have money to go to the movies, but they must have money for birth control. Naive anons are so cute some times.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• HUH? Birth control? What is that? Oh wait, that is what I was using when I got pregnant! Who would have thought that the only 100% way to not get pregnant is no sex at all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ok, if people do not have money for birth control (which can be had for free at most public health centers) then how in the world do they afford a child? That is just the most asinine argument.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 12:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If you can't afford a movie or birth control, condoms aren't expensive, BTW, why would you have unproteced sex? Another child isn't going to help the money problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009