What to get, if anything, for my babysitter???

I am getting ready to take my daughter out of daycare, and Iwas wondering if I should get my babysitter any kind of "parting" gift... she is wonderful, and has offered a great deal for us when and if I decide to get back to work after my twins are born.. what do any of you think??

gemskye

Asked by gemskye at 11:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• a gift card to somewhere like old navy would be nice or one to bath & body works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• A Thank You card with a gift certificate is a good idea.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with the gift card, but I before I picked out the store or got one for a specific store, I would make sure that's a place she likes to shop. For example, one of my best friends is very sensitive to scents - she wouldn't be able to use a gift card to a bath or lotion place.

You can usually do a generic gift card for the local mall - accepted by any store there - or you can do something like a Visa gift card that she can use on anything.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh, I had anther thought - a card with a note expressing your heartfelt thanks for the care she's given your kids, along with a check for the amount you would spend on the gift, would be nice, too.

Because, as nice as she is, this really is a business relationship - this is what she does for her living. Would you prefer a bonus from your boss for a job well done in the form of a gift of something you may or may not use (lol - including the ones I suggested) - no matter how heartfelt the gift was, or would you prefer your boss give you a cash bonus?

I know the job in question is your dd, and I'm sure she cares for her, but unless this is someone you were friends with first who is only watching her as a favor for you, this is, when all's said and done, how she supports herself, so money would be appropriate.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009